To Our Members–
First, I’d like to say how much we miss everyone. We sincerely hope that each one of you, and your families, have all managed to stay safe during these past few months. These have been trying times for all of us, but we are thankful that there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.
In the time that the gym has been closed we have been hard at work! We have been repainting, doing lots of cleaning and sanitizing, and a bit of rearranging where necessary. Prior to opening the club to our members, we will be bringing back our staff and training them on our new Standard Operating Procedures. This will ensure that the health and safety of our staff and our members remains top priority as we venture back into our day to day lives.
We are still finalizing our complete new Standard Operating Procedures for both staff and members. We anticipate that that these will evolve as we continue to adjust to our new guidelines.
With that said, Doylestown Fitness Center will be Reopening from the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) closures in accordance with the State and County restrictions on July 6th, 2020.
Below are some of the policies and procedures returning members can expect:
- Mask Requirements – We will not be requiring our members to wear masks. We feel as though the decision to wear a mask should be solely up to the member.
- Occupancy Limits – We are required to open at 50% capacity. We have looked at our check ins by day and by hour and do not believe there will be any issues here. With each member having approx 9 ft x 9 ft “boxes”, we can still accommodate approximately 100 members at a time. You can always call ahead to make sure though! However, our cardio section will have every other machine taped off to help promote social distancing.
- Cleaning & Sanitization- As you always have, members are expected to continue to wipe down their equipment. We are requiring all members to wipe down their equipment before AND after each use. We have increased the number of sanitization stations around the gym. You will also notice additional staff on the floor assisting with restocking and sanitization throughout the day. In addition to our standard cleaning practices we will be sanitizing the entire facility each evening.
- Locker Rooms- Locker rooms will only be open to use the bathroom or wash hands. No showering at the gym will be permitted at this time. No sauna will be permitted at Revolve at this time. We ask that you leave all personal belongings in your vehicle. No gym bags will be permitted at this time.
- Coffee Station- Coffee will not be served at our Doylestown Fitness Center location at this time. We hope to be able to add this back soon.
- Beverage & Personal Training Purchases- We encourage all purchases be made using your on-account payment method. We will still be accepting cash and cards on our POS terminal but would like to encourage contactless payment through our “on account” option.
Group Fitness Classes- Group fitness class will be reduced in both capacity and quantity. This will allow us time between classes to sanitize equipment and the group fitness rooms. Some classes may require registration to be sure we follow proper social distancing requirements. We are currently working on the best way to accommodate our members and provide our group fitness classes. Each class will be limited to 5-10 members and 1 instructor.
- Childcare- We will not be offering childcare at our Doylestown location initially when we reopen. We plan to add this service back as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- “When will the gym reopen?” – We are re-opening on July 6th.
- “Why July 6th?” – Although Bucks County enters the “green phase” on June 26th, this extra week allows us the time to get back and re-sanitize the equipment that we have lent out over the last three months. We lent out well over 100 items and want to make sure we allot enough time to get it all back and have it cleaned properly.
- “I pay in full for my membership. What happens with the time I lost because of the shut down?” – We will be going through and manually adjusting all paid in full membership expiration dates. We will add the number of days we were closed to your membership so that you do not lose any of your time.
- “Do I need to wear a mask?” – We will not be requiring our members to wear masks.
- “I pay for a month to month membership, when will I be billed again?” – Billing will tentatively begin again on July 6, 2020. Revolve members will also be charged any “Rate Fee Guarantee” charges that would’ve been charged April through July. This will give the member one more year at their current membership rate.
We thank everyone for their patience and support during these times and can not wait to see everyone back in the gym again soon!